We are now in St.Kilda, Melbourne, soaking up all that is Ironman in the lead up to the Asia Pacific Ironman Championships.
We had a travel day yesterday which is always a juggle whether you are travelling one hour or ten. Also takes time to settle into your new surrounds, stock up on supplies and plan the days ahead.
Today, the winds had dropped, no rain and not too cold. Here are a few images to set the mood:
If you are staying in St.Kilda, here are our suggestions on places to get a good meal:
On Acland St:
- Rococo – great breakfast. Loved porridge and poached eggs. Al so great dinner – including pizza.
- Oki2go – enjoyed tasty Japanese dinner (and their licensed)
- Grill’d – great burgers and for those who prefer a salad I really enjoyed the chicken, pomegrante and goats cheese one. Chips good too!
Many choices for coffee, frozen yoghurt, gelato and cakes too!
Near Ironman Expo there are also a few places to eat but we haven’t been to any of these as yet….
- Republica – great place to people watch.
- The Boardwalk – small coffee shop
- Encore restaurant
Where would you recommend? We need a few new options for the next couple of days!