The Huskisson triathlon festival weekend in Jervis Bay has become locked in the calendar as a yearly weekend away for many triathletes and their families.
If you live in Sydney like us its a 4 hour drive down south to a beautiful area of our coastline which includes Hyams Beach declared to have the whitest sand in the world!
Enjoying the sand between your toes is probably not the priority to most triathletes visiting over this weekend although they do get to enjoy diving into the beautiful blue ocean surrounding this area.
Over this weekend which runs close to the end of February each year, Husky becomes a swim bike run mecca and a hub of buzzing triathletes. What is great is that it caters for all ages and abilities, with 3 days of races including ocean swims, fun runs, the kids MiniMan triathlon and few distances of triathlons – no excuse for anybody not to give a tri a try!!
Want to find out more about the race and the place ? Already booked and wondering what to do over the weekend? Below we share some ideas.
Keeping busy in Husky all weekend…
- The Elite Energy website is the first place to visit online to learn all about this event – find it HERE for all race details. It’s not just about the race but the expo and all the excitement in between!
- Learn about Jervis Bay and the surrounding #unspoilt areas of the Shoalhaven on the Visit NSW website.
- Walk, run or cycle the area – but watch out for the triathletes! Learn more about the 30.5km Huskisson to St.Georges Basin Circuit HERE.
- Needing to entertain the family? Step back in time and enjoy a movie at Husky Pictures – the building was originally a community hall built in 1913. See what’s showing HERE.
- Discover some oceanic history at the local Maritime Museum. They also have craft markets in their grounds some weekends.
- You can also adventure across the water and discover nearby bays and towns via the local ferry service.
- Wanting to celebrate a special occasion or just like the idea of treating yourself to something special? Book a beach hut, picnic or hamper HERE – and don’t forget to share the experience with us on Instagram!
- Want more inspiration? We love this travel blog who shares their fave things to do in Jervis Bay.
Final tip – plan ahead for this one. Many triathletes rebook their accommodation for the next year so it unlikely you will find a spare bed anywhere near Husky if you decide last minute it would be fun to join the action!
Feature image thanks to Visit NSW